Today was a half day, an 11am release, which normally would be cause for jumps of joy, plans with friends, lunch date outside the hideous cafeteria involving something more then a bagel and an iceburg salad. in a word lovely! Now that I am a teacher it means my class starts not at the reasonably timed 10:40 or 11:30, but 8AM! Do you know what that means?! That means getting up before the sun, before the birds and with the rest of the adult population. It means the usually high functioning students (HA) are still waking up and slightly less willing to glue shit together (take your teenage mornings and multiply the laziness by 10, add 1,000,000, divide by 2, add 1,000 and you are half way there).
All I can say is i was done by 9am and could go home....unlike the real teachers who had to stay for four hours of meetings, no thank you. If you want me in a meeting for that long there had better be some Pino Grigo and some damn good artichoke dip (extra dip and bread)! I'm serious, Kathy and I came up with some of our best ideas on the patio at the Freight Yard Pub. We didn't always remember them, and the ones we did maybe we would have been saner if we didn't. But DAMN we were just the most committed and creative partners, some days we'd be there till all hours of the night, working the whole time of course... And we did some pretty cool shit because of those meetings!
tangent over.... just thankful I'm not having to attend the uber boring meeting today (sorry Mom!)
oh, and we're almost all done with the sketch books. every day a new person finishes, although I am finding myself doing a lot of demonstrations on students book.
I'm not sure if they really don't get it, or if there weren't taught how to watch, listen and learn all in the same moment....maybe just one of those?! Whatever it is, some of these kids are like bricks dressed as high schoolers (a little harsh, yes maybe, but, wejfoeirhjfwerhjgsdfkjhbdfa). 'Yes I know the glue for the next step isn't in front of you, and the supply shelf is a whole 4 feet away, and goodness if you aren't so warn out from playing video games all night, oh please, let me just grab that for you, would you like me to feed you doughnuts too?!?!' AHHHHHHHHHHH, HOW THE FREAK DO YOU EXPECT TO FINISH ANYTHING IF YOU JUST SIT THERE AND DO NOTHING?!?!??!?!?!!?!!! ARRRRRGGGGGGG!
All right I feel better, off to my other job with it's own set of frustrating attributes! wish me luck!
"Bricks dresses as high schoolers." Loves it.
ReplyDelete